Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reunion

We just got back from the local park at Lone Elm and Prairie Star where we saw a bunch of my students from last year's kindergarten class. Although Christopher slept through the whole thing, I'm sure he enjoyed meeting them all. It was great to visit with the moms who all reassured me that the sleepless nights will pass and I'll long for those days of late night feedings when he gets older. One of the moms asked if I was going to find a mother's group and she said that was the best thing she ever did. There are a couple different groups I'm hoping to get involved with and we'll see what works best for us. Tomorrow, if I'm able to get there, we'll be going to a babywearing/breastfeeding group over in Shawnee. Maybe someone will finally be able to show me how to use the sling the right way! Anyway, Daddy is off from work today and has been a big help. Christopher told me he would hire him full time, but Chris needs to build up his funds for a couple years before Daddy feels comfortable working from home. Kasey caused some trouble while we were out for the first time in a while. We must have left the laundry room door open and she got out the paper towels, which she then proceded to unwrap. I would like to think it is because she was going to clean the kitchen for me, but there was no evidence of that. (She must not have been able to find the Windex.) This afternoon, the two women I used to teach kindergarten with are coming over to visit. More tomorrow...

No comments: