Saturday, August 2, 2008

Big Outing







You know you're a new parent/getting old when... your Saturday night consists of a big outing with the dog and the baby to Petsmart and Dairy Queen. Let me tell you, we are really living on the edge because we are having our ice cream before dinner--and that's even with my mom here! Having a newborn is funny because your really don't get a chance to get out of the house until 5PM and it feels really good when you actually do get to go somewhere, anywhere! It is also exciting to take a shower and get dressed. These are the simple pleasures in life now. One more thought, when you are up all night, you have to reevaluate your priorities during the day--should I shower or take a nap? Which do I need more right now, some shut eye or to smell nice? (I guess it depends on who you ask. Christopher doesn't seem to mind if I smell, as long as I feed him. Brian on the other hand...) Anyway, Chris was very alert today and we sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with him several times during diaper changes. We also did a baby yoga pose--the chair pose. Very exciting stuff!

No comments: