Friday, August 8, 2008

Mmmm...coffee

So I totally jinxed myself yesterday by saying that Christopher slept and fed well! I should have bitten my tongue. We had several marathon feeding sessions throughout the night and it seemed like the only way I could make Christopher happy was to feed him. (Jan, does this sound like anyone you know?) Anyway, the feedings continued through some of the morning before I had to hand him off to Grammy (thank goodness for the extra set of hands) for a break. I actually got to go out during that time for 20 minutes of "Mommy time" and this included (brace yourself) a cup of french vanilla coffee from Kwik Shop. I haven't had a good cup of coffee in about 10 months and it was much needed, let me tell you. I'm not going to make a habit of it, for sure--I don't want a caffeine addicted baby who really doesn't sleep. But this cup of joe constitutes "food for my soul" right now and I am going to savor it for all it's worth. A side note: Christopher and Kasey are super excited about the new "Otis Rules" blog, to be found at otisrules.blogspot.com. We are looking forward to many more posts from Mr. O. MacGillicady in the near future.

No comments: