Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lunch on the Plaza


Sorry for yesterday's missing post but sometimes napping trumps typing! We had quite the outing yesterday. It was Christopher's first big lunch date and it was at a restaurant on the Plaza called Reverse. (Liz, it's the place we had brunch when you were here--the place with the french toast panini.) Grammy, Chris and I met Sarah (our doula--pictured above) there to catch up and visit. It was a really good lunch and Christopher slept through most of it. He only woke up once when he realized we forgot to order him a panini but then he fell back asleep. Grammy was even able to get coffee at Starbucks because our little man was passed out. He didn't start to get fussy until we got off at our exit and were almost home (which he tends to do more frequently now--I think he knows when we are getting close to the house because he cries louder the closer we get!). I had a couple sips of Grammy's coffee too. Mmmmm, espresso... As you can see in the above picture, we gave Christopher another bath so he could smell nice for all the ladies out at lunch. Chris decided that it would be a great time to relieve himself when we took his diaper off and started washing him. Good thing the kitchen is getting cleaned tomorrow! I don't want to jinx us but last night, we all slept really well. I think my grand total of shut eye was almost 6 hours! Of course, these were not consecutive hours but I'll take it. Christopher and I are pretty much in sync at night now. I hear him making noises with his mouth and I instantly wake up to feed him before any tears start. It's amazing how it works! Anyway, little man is conked out right now on my stomach, Kasey is conked out on Brian's side of the bed and when Grammy gets back from her walk, I'm going to conk out as well.

1 comment:

Liz said...

MMMMMMM french toast panini. I really wish that place was here. It seems to me that Chris gets out more than I do. Hee Hee. I'm happy he likes the little booties. I was in Target and they called out to me. There was another woman walking by, she was drawn to them also. But I got the last ones... Ha