Monday, August 11, 2008

Flying solo

Well, today is the first day that Christopher and I have gotten the opportunity to hang out together without anyone else, including Kasey. Daddy went to work, Grammy is back in Jersey, and Kasey is at Pawz at Play. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but somehow we managed to take two naps. Mommy even took a shower and made her own lunch. Granted, I didn't get to dry my hair but we'll take what we can get. We even went for a walk this morning around the block. Chris has been doing a lot of eating and sleeping today and all I have to say is--thank goodness for the Olympics! I've been feeding him downstairs and watching everything from men's beach volleyball to swimming to badmitten and even weight lifting! I'm usually a winter olympics girl but I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying the Beijing games. And that 400 meter relay last night was amazing! USA! USA! Brian was especially happy that we beat the French who were supposedly going to "smash" us... Anyway, I'm just amazed at this little baby (currently asleep in the sling). We can already see him growing and changing everyday and he does the cutest things. My current favorite thing is when he finishes nursing and I sit him up to burp him, he stretches his arms over his head, sticks out his bottom lip and scrunches his forehead up. We'll try hard to capture a picture of this but everytime he does it I just laugh because it's so cute!

No comments: