Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dave Matthews+Warm Milk

You might be wondering what the answer to the above equation is... I will happily say that these two items equal a happy Christopher. Today we went to the Olathe breastfeeding support group to check in on Christopher's weight. Anyone want to take a guess as to his weight? Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? That's right, he's 10 lbs. 11 oz. I fed Chris a bit at the support group and he was calm but still on the edge of not being thrilled as I placed him back in his car seat. Well, we got to the car and I put on one of the Dave Matthews "Live at Red Rocks" CD as we started driving. Within two minutes, our big man's feet stopped wiggling and he was out like a light. By the way, Chris was so good at the support group. We got there and there were a bunch of babies, many of which were born around mid July like Christopher. There were also some younger little babies there too. Chris was just in awe the whole time he was there. He stared at me, at the chairs, at the windows--he was just so alert, soaking in the fabulous hospital decor. He didn't fuss or cry at all, AT ALL! There were a lot of other babies who were crying and although I feel their mothers' pain, I was loving that it wasn't Christopher for a change. It was a great outing today... One final note, we want to say thank you to Grandma and Grandpa who spent a few days with us out here in Kansas. They were a huge help and I know Christopher (and Kasey) enjoyed them being here! PS--Don't worry, I will add new pictures soon.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Anything live by Dave Mathews, soothes. I'm happy to hear Christopher has good taste.