Friday, August 15, 2008

Babywearing


(Christopher enjoying a peaceful moment on Daddy). Even though it is the middle of August here in Kansas, it feels like a cool September morning that reminds me of the beginning of the school year. Grandma, Christopher and I took advantage of the nice weather and took a lovely walk around the block. Christopher was very alert this morning and was very focused on one of his black and white pictures (a heart this time) the whole time we went for our walk. When we got back, he spent some time in his bouncy seat which not only bounces but vibrates, lights up, and plays music. You do have to choose which of those you use though because Chris can get overstimulated if you put all of them on at once! Mommy can also go crazy listening to that silly music they have on it. If I designed a seat like that, I would totally choose different music for babies to listen to. Christopher lasts about 5 to 10 minutes in that seat until he's ready to move on so the next stop was the exercise ball which he likes to bounce on. As we bounced, we read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" twice and then read "The Hungry Caterpillar" as he chowed down on breakfast. As we speak, Christopher is enjoying some quiet time with Grandma in the glider so I am actually typing with two hands... An update on the babywearing class the other day: I wasn't sure if we were going to make it to the class because Chris was especially fussy that morning. Eventually we got there and I was able to practice my "breastfeeding in public" skills. After he had his fill, the woman running the class showed me how to put Chris in the sling the correct way. I don't know if it was the milk or the comfort of the sling, but he passed out for about an hour while I visited with some of the other moms who were there. It was a great outing for both of us!

No comments: