Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another sling

Special thanks to Sheryl and MaryAnn who sent me the maya wrap sling they used with Julia. It is really cool and the material is already broken in which makes it easier to adjust. This picture is my first attempt at having him in the cradle position. Again, good thing they sent the DVD along with it! I want to get good at this whole sling thing because it will be nice to just wear the little guy around everywhere... I had my 2 week check up today and all is well. My mom came with me and we spent an hour with Kelly, the midwife who works with Dr. Michele (my doctor). Both of them are great and my mom was so impressed by the amount of time Kelly spent talking to us. I know most of the people reading this don't live in Kansas, but for anyone here in need of a doctor/midwife I would recommend these two women without hesitation. I just wish we had worked with them through our entire pregnancy! (We switched at 31 weeks.) While I'm at it I'd like to also recognize Sarah, the doula we worked with. She was such an incredible support to both Brian and I and I don't think we could have done it without her. Thanks Sarah! Anyway, I can't say enough about our "birth family" out here and I'm so glad we found them all... Christopher is doing well today. He came to the appointment and slept through the whole thing plus a trip to the grocery store. I'm going to try him in the sling one more time (he was too hungry before and I haven't mastered the whole "feeding him while the sling is on" thing) so I can get some things done. Bye for now!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

FYI.....Julia and I went to music class this morning. A mom was there with her toddler and her newborn baby whom she wore in a sling . We did not hear a peep from the baby. The mom swore by the sling. She believed that using the sling was the only way she was able to pull off functioning with having a toddler too. The baby got used to the sling after a few tries. Her advice was to feed the baby first.