Saturday, August 23, 2008

Poopmaster Flex

Just when I thought I had no new material for the blog...So I was watching rhythmic gymnastics and nursing my son when my nose alerted me that a diaper change was imminent. Of course, I handed Christopher off to his father to take care of this task and sat back to watch skinny Russian girls throw hula hoops around while I awaited their return. Two minutes later I hear Brian urgently calling me upstairs. By the tone in his voice I thought something was seriously wrong with our baby so I threw off the nursing pillow and bolted up the steps. As I approached, Brian reassured me that nothing was wrong and that I "had to see this." Well folks, it was a scene that confirmed to me the talents of our young boy. Apparently, as Brian was holding Christopher's legs up to wipe him, he unloaded again. People, he didn't just dribble, he reached the bookcase. That's right, the bookcase! If you've been to the nursery, you already know that the bookcase is at least 7 feet away from the changing pad. Needless to say, we were both in hysterics while our child was oblivious to it all and was gurgling contentedly as he stared at his black and white moon picture. Brian is now using this "traumatic" experience to get out of diaper duty. I'm trying to convince him that bodily baby fluids come with the territory but he remains unconvinced...

No comments: