Sunday, August 10, 2008

Christopher's Fish




We've told you already about Christopher's fighting fish (the existence of which he has yet to realize!) and now we must introduce you to his new favorite thing to look at: a hand-drawn picture of a fish. I had read that babies like to look at things that have high contrast, especially black and white patterns. In my pre-birth boredom, I decided to create some black and white pictures for our little guy to ponder. The other day while I was changing him, my mom and I decided to break out of few of the pictures to see what he would do. This fish picture was the first one we showed him and ever since then, he has been glued to it every time he sees it. I even taped it to the stroller on our walk this morning and he looked at it the whole time. Too funny! It just goes to show you, don't spend any money on fancy things for newborns. Just get some photo paper and a black marker and go to town... Other things Christopher likes to look at: our faces (if you can believe that), the sailboat valence in his room, and blinds, anywhere you go in the house. P.S.--Why doesn't anyone think Chris will grow up to be a world class table tennis champion?

No comments: