Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christopher's First Tree

Now that Thanksgiving is over and Santa Claus showed up at the end of the Macy's parade, we can officially declare the Christmas season open! After I returned from braving the mall with Sierra today, Brian and I decided it was time to put up the tree while Kasey and Christopher stood watch. We spent hours and hours of manual labor putting all three pieces of our artificial tree together and stringing up the hundreds of lights... Actually, it only took about five minutes since we have a pre-lit tree. Good thing too because Christopher did not have much patience watching us put this thing together. I thought I might even get several minutes of non-fussiness so I could put up the ornaments but I was being a bit optimistic. In order to get the ornaments up without Christopher crying, I had to sing "You Are My Sunshine" repeatedly, at full blast because it is the only song that calms him down! When I was all done, I picked up our little man and we stood back to admire our hard work. Christopher is definitely fascinated by all the white lights and was attempting to have a conversation with the tree. I wonder what he thought when it didn't talk back. All that admiring made Chris a tired boy so he is asleep and Mommy and Daddy are drinking hot chocolate and admiring the tree ourselves... Anyway, our boy has been busy rolling over and practicing his arm strength by pushing his upper body up off the floor. It seems like he is getting stronger and stronger by the minute! Here is a full-length picture of our tree...

No comments: