Monday, December 1, 2008

A Story By Kasey

It was a dark and wintry morning. Not a creature was stirring in the house.. except for the little creature with a stinky diaper who's voice could faintly be heard through the monitor at Mommy's bedside. As she always does, Mommy got up to tend to the stinky diaper boy in the other room. Since I had been in bed since 7 PM the night before, I felt it was time for me to relocate to the living room to give my humans the hint that it was time for my potty break and breakfast. I'm not quite sure why they didn't immediately get the hint and take care of my needs but I will not complain given the amount of leftover turkey I've received in the past five days. Anyway, after the stinky diaper was disposed of, Mom finally came out with the creature who was wide awake and smiling at me. She requested my presence downstairs and opened the door onto the cold morning. I stepped carefully out onto the patio so as not to make my little paws uncomfortable. As the door closed behind me, what did I see but the silhouette of my favorite animal in the whole world sitting quietly on my very own snow covered lawn! It was a bunny! Forget the cheap dog food my owners feed me--this was the breakfast I had been dreaming of all night! I had to be stealth. With my front paw drawn up and my tail extended in true pointer fashion, I set my sights on my prey. Carefully I focused and then... I took off!!! Bounding down the hill, I went flying after the bunny and just as I was about to grab it in my mouth, it darted off out of reach and escaped through the slats in the fence to safety. Wascally wabbit! I will get you next time. You have a lot of nerve venturing into my backyard. Oh well, I guess I would have to settle for a breakfast of kibble one more time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Patience, grasshopper. He'll be back. And when he least expects it...