Friday, December 19, 2008

Over the river...

...and through the woods and in an airplane and over Shea Stadium... to Grandmother's house we go! Well we're off tomorrow for Christopher's first trip to the east coast. It's funny to me (being from New Jersey myself) that when my son grows up and someone asks him where he's from, he's going to say Kansas. And then everyone he meets from the Northeast will have visions of cows and windmills dancing through their heads. Anyway, we hope to expose him to some real culture over the next week as well as the correct way to say "orange" (go ahead all you people from Jersey, say "orange"). We are looking forward to our trip and hope that we have everything packed that we need. Of course, now that there will be like a foot of snow in NY, I guess we should bring some boots! It's definitely going to be an adventure but we are up for the challenge. Now if only we could find a way to sneak Kasey into our carry-on bags... While we are on our trip, I most likely will not be updating the blog so I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy holiday! We will take as many pictures as possible while we're home and then give you all a book to read when we get back. Check back the week of the 28th for stories of all our adventures!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Maybe he'll say he's from Joisey! I've lived in the Garden State for appox 16 years and still call myself and my kids New Yawkas. And they were born in Joisey. You can take da kid outta New Yawk but you can't take da New Yawk outta da kid! Can't wait to see you guys!