Thursday, December 11, 2008

At the Parkside Cafe

After a quiet morning at home, Christopher and I headed over to the Parkside Cafe for some coffee and socialization. This place is really great because the playroom is always full of kids and moms who stay at home with them. You can literally go up to any mom and start a conversation that can last hours. Today, Jaime and Olivia met us over there and we talked with a couple other moms and swapped kid stories. Christopher and Olivia were busy looking at everything in the room while their moms were chatting away. I noticed Christopher making mental notes as he watched the big boys running around the room. One of them was standing on top of this play equipment in a way that the equipment most certainly was not designed for. I thought I heard Chris whisper "So that's what boys are supposed to do when they learn to walk, run and climb!" There were also these little barrels that went in the playhouse. I'm pretty sure they were supposed to be used as seats but as creative kids always do, these two boys were throwing them, Donkey Kong-style at each others heads. Ahhh, so this is what we have to look forward to! To distract our little boy, I put him down for tummy time and he focused on some constructive play. After our play group, we made our way to the UPS store to mail our Christmas presents to Grandma. We tried to find a box that would fit Christopher, but they said I couldn't ship him. (I'm just kidding, I promise!). Anyway, while I was paying for the box, Chris was talking up a storm and saying how excited he is to see and meet everyone back on the East Coast!

No comments: