Friday, December 5, 2008

Baby it's cold outside

This morning, the temperature was about 20 degrees, 17 with the wind chill, and sunny. I know what you're thinking... perfect day for a run! Well, at least that's what I was thinking. I rounded up the Bionic 3 and bundled us all for the chilly weather: Christopher in his new fleece, Christmas Story-like snow suit from Grandma (see below); me in Brian's red running fleece; Kasey in her permanent and stylish fur coat. We folded up the jogging stroller and headed for the trail. I'll admit it was a bit frigid but Kasey and Christopher didn't seem to mind. Little man seemed content to observe everything through the all-weather shield and Kasey is never bothered by freezing temperatures. In fact, she scoffs at the dogs dressed in sweaters and booties. We went at a blistering pace (ha ha) and the stroller moved along the trail with ease. Even when we encountered a few big bumps, they didn't affect Christopher at all. My team of running companions went for 3 miles and then somehow we ended up at Starbucks for Mommy to get a well-deserved Peppermint Mocha. Later today we are off to Cabela's to finish our Christmas shopping (gee I wonder who we're shopping for there?). Enjoy the weekend!
Here is my little man getting ready for our run!

No comments: