Thursday, December 4, 2008

Off-Duty Mom


Today, Christopher got to spend an extended period of time with his favorite babysitter, Ruth. Ruth has been over with our little guy several times now and they always seem to have a great time together. She told me that he was laughing up a storm and although he didn't seem to want to take a long mid-day nap for her, he has currently been sleeping almost 2 hours. Where was I you want to know? Well, let's see... first I went to Starbucks and actually sat down with a book rather than rushing through the drive thru in the Mommy mobile. After an appointment, I met Brian down on the Plaza for lunch and then did a little Christmas shopping... kind of. After last week's trip to the mall, I am totally digging being able to buy non-maternity clothes. And finally, FINALLY, after more than a year, I returned to Ann Taylor Loft today and got a dress to wear to Christopher's baptism. As you can see from the picture above I also got stockings for us to hang from the mantle with care. I figure, we have a fireplace, might as well make it look festive. Finally my day was made complete with a trip to the dentist for a cleaning (how exciting!). I used to dread the dentist but going through childbirth really puts things in perspective and it didn't seem all that bad. As nice as it was to have a little time to myself today, I did miss my little Christopher and I am looking forward to when he gets up. But... we're not going to rush things.

No comments: