Monday, November 24, 2008

#1 Parents' Detective Agency

Being a parent sometimes reminds me of being a forensic scientist... you have to go through a mental list of clues and possibilities to nail down the answer to a "baby case." This is especially true when the baby in question has not yet mastered the English language. We all know that our dear Christopher has never really been a great sleeper. Many people will tell us that this is to be expected, considering the boy is only 4 months old. Well recently it seems as though Little Wogs has been waking up more frequently (gasp!) but with more frantic cries that seem to say "I'm really uncomfortable Mommy! Do something!" At first we thought our man was teething. While I still think this could be part of the problem, I also think that he has a bit of reflux that is just getting worse and worse. It's hard to say for sure so I took him to the doctor today to check. Dr. Kerry (one of the PA's) prescribed a reflux medicine so we are trying that tonight. In addition, we have Christopher's car seat in his crib where he is presently sleeping to keep him upright for a while. In addition (again!) we tried giving him rice cereal before bedtime. Hopefully one of these things will prove effective in keeping Chris full/comfortable/happy at least for a little while... Brief note: Mommy went shopping for her first pair of post-pregnancy jeans today. For someone who really doesn't like to shop to begin with, this started out being a bit depressing until I finally found something that fit at Banana Republic. I'm going to go ahead and think of these as my transition jeans until I train for my next marathon!

No comments: