Saturday, November 1, 2008

At the pet store


Today was Christopher's first trip to the pet store. We went over to Petland so Brian could get some new fish since his really mean algae eater has been feasting on many of the fish in the big tank. I have to admit, I felt a little guilty leaving Kasey home for this trip but we just don't have enough hands for both baby and dog! Chris was still awake when we got to the store so I just carried him in. While Daddy was browsing the fish section, Christopher and I headed straight for the puppies. Now let me tell you, I feel awful for those pet store puppies who are confined to those tiny cages with metal wire flooring. Today, however, they served the important purpose of entertaining our baby. There was one dog in particular--a French Bulldog--who captured our little guy's attention right away. He was chewing on plastic keys (the dog, not the baby) and Chris just thought this was the funniest thing. He started smiling and laughing at the little frenchie. I'm pretty sure we have a dog-loving child on our hands because he seemed to care less about the kittens we saw (sorry Otis). Next we moved onto the fish section where Chris was introduced to an activity his dad has enjoyed since childhood... going to Petland to check out the fish! All of the excitement there put him right to sleep in my arms. It was a lovely outing for our man.

No comments: