Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Musings

An update on the jogging stroller... Yesterday the rain cleared up enough for us to take the new stroller for a walk around the block. Let me tell you, I felt very cool pushing that thing with cute baby and cute dog in tow. The sun canopy is awesome and comes out far enough to keep the elements off Christopher, even without the weather shield. Good thing too because as we were walking it started misting a bit. Chris was fine. Kasey and Mommy, on the other hand, had to walk between the drops (as Grandpa used to say)... Speaking of Grandpa, some people are saying that Christopher resembles Grandpa Sain. I can definitely see that, but I would like other opinions if anyone cares to share them. To me Chris is such a good mix of certain family members that it is hard to say he looks like either Brian or me... It appears as though Christopher is teething. This is such a lovely experience for all involved (read sarcasm) but we are doing our best to make our little boy as comfortable as possible. Maybe his first tooth will arrive when Grammy does this weekend!... We have a postpartum doula who comes once a week to give me a break and she was here today. She and Chris hung out while I went for a run sans dog and child. I have to say I am starting to feel like my old self in the running department. I went on the neighborhood loop (3.4 miles) and did it in exactly thirty minutes. It was exhilirating! But I would like to know--why is it that on a route that is a perfect rectangle, the wind is always blowing in my face? I know I'm not running fast enought for that to happen. Why can't the wind always blow at my back? Oh well, I am happy to be complaining about these types of things again.

No comments: