Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Cow Says... Shazoooo

Today I had to put Christopher down next to me so I could have my hands free to open a package that came from UPS. I decided that he could do a little tummy time so I put him on a blanket and decided to bring in a toy for him to look at and play with. The toy was a foam cow given to Brian at work from someone at UBS a while back. The cow can be seen below...
Well, there is a button on the utter of the cow and if you press it, the cow says "moo." So I thought Christopher would find this very interesting. I pressed the button and he looked at the cow...looked at me...looked back at the cow...and started hysterically crying. I thought perhaps he was upset because he was in tummy time. He has been getting fussy while on his tummy recently because he is constantly trying to get his hands in his mouth and cannot figure out how to do that and hold himself up at the same time. Next I put him in his Bumbo seat and continued what I was doing. The cow was on his blanket and Christopher was looking at it and smiling. "Great!" I thought. He must like the cow now that he is sitting up. I decided to give the "mooing" another try. The cow mooed... the baby smiled. The cow mooed again... the baby lost it and broke down crying again. I felt so bad! I guess we've found the first thing Christopher is afraid of. Our boy needed to cool down so we bundled up and went for a walk in the jogging stroller. We had to use the all weather sheild because it's freezing and Chris was quite warm. Upon our return, he went down for a nap. As I was putting him down, I look into our bedroom and there is Kasey attacking the cow! As you can see from this picture, she was only trying to protect her little brother from the evil bovine...
The cow met an awful fate as Kasey decided to rearrange its face and then work on its backside. That was all before Mommy intervened and told Kasey she was a good girl but that the cow had enough. I suppose this is what you get for messing with Christopher...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Go Kasey!

Liz said...

Thank you for the visual. LOL