Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"I Voted"

On this historic Election Day, Christopher J. Woglom accompanied me to the polls and helped cast a vote for someone original, with fresh ideas, young and of a new generation, a candidate with a great sense of style--a true maverick. This candidate doesn't just kiss babies, she licks them! That's right, we cast our votes together for Kasey Moe Woglom. I had been leaning toward Obama but at the last second, Chris convinced me to write in everyone's favorite dog for president of this great nation... I don't know what everyone else's voting experience was like, but I was one of two people at the polls today at 11:30AM. I saw all these pictures on the internet of lines wrapping around the block all over the country, but not for us. Thank goodness too because I had visions of waiting in line with Christopher for like 2 hours and having to feed him standing up! He smiled at the poll workers when we got to the school (my school where I taught last year) and the lady we checked out with gave him his own "I Voted in Johnson County" sticker. He wore it with pride and then showed it off to the ladies in the office. Of course, since it was all women working in the office, Christopher put on his best smile and charmed them all. We visited with my principal, the school nurse and several other teachers I worked with last year. He was so excited to see the art teacher that he spit up on the floor in the hallway! Note to self: always travel with burp cloths. Then we spent time with Rebecca, the only kindergarten teacher left from last year. All that flirting made Chris a sleepy boy and he has been asleep since we left school, only waking up to eat. Even our furry presidential candidate couldn't wake him up with her campaign barking!

No comments: