Thursday, September 11, 2008

Retail Therapy

What to do on a rainy day in Kansas...When I looked out the front door, it didn't appear to be raining so I got us both ready to go in the car over to the trail for a walk. Come to find out, when I opened the garage door that it in fact was raining very hard. (Perhaps I should make a trip to the eye doctor?) Anyway, we were all dressed up with no place to go so we went for a little drive. Mommy stopped at Starbucks (the pumpkin spice latte is back!) and again, Chris was not happy there. Maybe he prefers independent coffee shops! Once we got on the highway, he actually fell asleep so I just kept on driving until we got to Babies R Us. Now usually, Chris does not like going there but today he was a happy shopper. Thanks to Brian's team at work, we got some warmer clothes for fall, a new bouncy seat for downstairs, and a great new toy to occupy him in his car seat (it really worked!). Here is a picture of one of his new outfits. I'm sure Brian will accuse me of turning our son into a hippie but too bad. :) He'll have to buy Chris something with a corporate logo on ot to balance him out!

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Love the outfit! Very appropriate for today! Pumpkin spice latte now that sounds awesome!

KBWogs said...

Maybe I'll see if I can get him something a little more "fair and balanced."

Brian

Sheryl said...

How about a "Drill Baby Drill" bumper for his crib?