Monday, September 22, 2008

Mama's new kicks

Totally inspired (and sore!) from my run on Saturday, we went to Garry Gribbles yesterday to get some new running shoes. It was great to go to that store and feel like a normal runner again rather than one with a big bowling ball in her stomach. For the past 5 years I've been running with the same New Balance model and decided that my post-pregnancy self would like a change. I picked up some Mizuno something-or-others and they fit great! Today I broke them in with a 3 mile walk on the trail. There is nothing like putting on a brand new pair of quality running shoes for the first time. It's been great to get out and work out again and can't wait to continue on. My first lofty goal is the Pilgrim Pacer 5K in November. I don't expect to break any records but you never know. Only 4 more months before I can get a running stroller! Yay!