Monday, September 29, 2008

Lullabies

Okay, so I've been playing this wonderful CD I purchased at Babies R Us for Christopher that plays traditional lullabies to help him go to sleep. While it is a very nice CD that seems to help him relax, I have a beef with the most traditional of all the lullabies, "Rockabye Baby." What is up with the lyrics? Are they trying to give my son nightmares? "Rockabye baby in the treetop, when the wind blows the cradle will rock, when the bow breaks the cradle will fall and down will come baby, cradle and all." Hello? The imagery is quite disturbing--a sweet little baby swinging in a cradle from a tree and then the cradle falls and the baby comes crashing down? Who wrote that? Anyway, the song is lovely if you just hum it without the lyrics but I usually press the skip button on that song... Christopher is getting to be such a big boy. He slept 4 1/2 hours straight last night for the first half of the night. This seems to be a new pattern for him. He tends to only feed 2 or 3 times between the hours of 8PM and 6AM. I consider this progress! Of course, as I'm saying this it probably means his pattern will change soon. He is also starting to laugh out loud which is so cute to see. He used to just smile if you did something funny, but last night he was cracking up when I was making faces at him. It was so cute! And this morning he was initiating the tongue game--I was changing him and he was sticking his tongue out at me. I stuck mine out back at him and he laughed. This part of motherhood is so fun!

No comments: