Monday, September 8, 2008

Chris and Tristan

Well, Brian went out of town yesterday to the lovely state of Michigan for business so Chris, Kasey and I were on our own. That is until Dan, Mary and Tristan came to visit. It was so great to see them! We haven't gotten together since the day after Chris was born. It was so cute because Tristan kept giving Christopher kisses and Christopher was so interested in looking at Tristan's face. He did the same thing with Julia and Ally when they came to visit. I think kids all have this secret connection that adults aren't allowed to join in on! Anyway, we had a major storm this morning that passed through and the three of us all cuddled in bed until it was over. There is nothing like that, let me tell you. We got going later on and Chris made his first trip to the post office, Whole Foods and Starbucks. He got really upset that I didn't get him a latte so we stayed in the parking lot so Chris could enjoy his own brand of coffee. Then we hit the road to come home. Speaking of the road Christopher continues to detest his car seat. It is a rare trip in the car that doesn't involve at least one crying fit (including today). I've tried music, the pacifier, talking, shhhhing, etc. but he is still not happy. I'm having trouble finding people who also have kids with this issue so I'm open to your suggestions since I'm not planning on staying locked in the house til he grows out of this. I'm thinking of starting a mom's group--Mothers of Babies Who Hate Car Seats! Let me know if you want to join. Membership is free.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

So, you cuddled in bed with Dan, Mary, and Tristan. Wow, and I thought the Midwest was slow and less exciting than the NY metro area! LOL