Monday, July 21, 2008

Who needs sleep?


As every new parent knows, there's not much sleeping going on the first night home from the hospital! I actually thought I would get nothing last night but ended up with about 3 bringing the grand total since I went into labor on Thursday to about 10. But it doesn't matter yet because I'm sitting here right now typing with one hand and holding the most beautiful baby boy in the world! I hope Christopher doesn't get a complex because I tell him how perfect we think he is. Anyway, the labor and birth of our son was AMAZING and Iwill be happy to tell anyone who calls all about it. Special thanks to Mare and Sheryl for being such a great inspiration to us in that department! Brian's parents came to visit an it was so good to see them see their grandson for the first time. Jan also cooked us a fabulous dinner--spaghetti never tasted so good! And Eric suggested ice cream--always a great idea in this Woglom household. Needless to say, I'm keeping this short and will add more as things settle down. Right now we are all just learning from each other, crying, laughing, and pacing the halls as a family...Kasey too. (She already licked Chris and is very respectful of him and me when I'm holding him.) We are putting together a picture album which we will send out soon so check your e-mails. Enjoy these pics for now...

3 comments:

Liz said...

He is perfect. This blog is great. The internet is truely amazing. I'm sure you all are adjusting fine. I want to catch a flight now. But I'll be patient. Love you all.

Sheryl said...

You did it!!!! We are so proud of you!!! We can't wait to hear all about mommy, daddy and Christopher's birth story. We too wanted to jump on a flight on Saturday for the day however......we were knocked back to reality when we saw that the prices were $500-$1200 per ticket. He is the best!
Love you

Mommy Jyoti said...

Congrats Karen!!! Enjoy the bonding process. He is beautiful!!
Best Wishes
Jyoti