Friday, July 18, 2008

In labor? Definitely...

I'm going to add a post now while I still have a sense of humor... There are so many misconceptions about how this process actually works. For starters, there's a whole lot of sitting around and NOT a whole lot of drama--at least in the beginning. I've been having contractions since 7ish PM and it is now 3:16AM. We both tried to sleep but didn't have too much luck. I should have made the poll ask how much sleep will we get the first night of labor! Anyway, the contractions have become a little more intense but they are still about 10 or so minutes apart. Uh oh, Brian has officially busted out the diet coke. I've just finished an apple and some water... We were discussing when in our lives we have pulled all-nighters and I think the only one I've ever done was on our graduation night from high school. This is just about as much fun as that (ha!). Back to the misconceptions, there is not a whole lot of screaming and running around to pack bags. Our bags have been packed for a couple weeks, but that's just because I'm a crazy planning teacher. Maybe there will be more excitement later--I don't want to wish for it at this point because we just might get it. The doctor said to rest if we can...the doula said to drink lots of fluids...Kasey said "I just left Pawz at Play, why are you bringing me back" and Brian said, "It's midnight, I'm having a cookie." I say that's all I'm going to write for now. Maybe I'll check back in or maybe you'll just have to wait until a few days from now when I feel like typing again. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow...

No comments: