Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another tank ?!?!?!


When you're bored on a rainy day in Kansas, what could be better than visiting your local Petsmart and setting up a fighting fish tank for your yet-to-be-born baby? Originally we said we were going to get a fish for the nursery, then we changed our minds...then we changed them once again. The fish will be arriving tomorrow but this is what the tank will look like... Of course, you can't go to a pet store and not get something for Kasey. At the check-out, they had these stuffed donkeys and elephants that say 2008 on them. Being the suckers we are for check-out items, we decided to get the donkey for Kasey knowing that she would tear it apart within hours. Even though I am a registered Democrat, my dog is most certainly a conservative Republican as proven in her destruction of Al Gore's "The Assault on Reason" as well as every issue of my New Yorker magazine that we leave out. Note: once we left out an autographed copy of John McCain's book "Character is Destiny" and it was left untouched. I guess we all know who Kasey is voting for this fall...

1 comment:

Liz said...

A pet already! I knew you would spoil him. The fighting fish is a great idea. I love the traditional aspect. A boring day here involves cleaning out the car. Ewwwwww. Chuck and I should call hazmat next time.