Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Kah-Gah" and other funnies

Whenever I look at Christopher these days, I can't believe what I see. He is just a little person! I wanted to share some of the cute things I've been learning about him in recent days...

1. Kasey's official new name, according to CJ, is "Kah-Gah." This is what he consistently calls her when he sees her.
2. Yesterday, Christopher picked up the big foam letter "K" we have in the basement and said "K." No, this does not grant him genius status; it's just something we talk about all the time since it is his favorite dog's letter.
3. When we shared a bed in the hospital, Chris settled down to sleep by chatting away next to me. One thing he said over and over again was "Daddy, Daddy." At least, that's what it sounded like.
4. Christopher does not actually need the pacifier in his mouth to fall asleep! In the hospital, he just grasped onto it for dear life in his hand and fell asleep that way.
5. Our new Kindermusik CD (which rocks!!!) has some fun songs on it, one of which is a little kiddie waltz. This morning, we waltzed around the kitchen for quite some time as little man smiled away.
6. When we heat things up in the microwave, he claps and "counts" (usually saying "eee" for each number) until it is done.
7. Chris is obsessed with "Miss Spider," a series of books about a little spider and her buggy friends. Look it up--the pictures are great!
8. He is picking up some major speed in the running department. I think we might enter him in a spring 5K at the rate he is going.
9. CJ plays peek-a-boo with certain blankets (especially the Yankee one we have downstairs) by holding it over his face and then revealing himself quickly and laughing.
10. He helps me load and unload the drier when I am doing laundry. This is not the only thing he helps with. Yesterday, he helped unload the dishwasher by taking out all the utensils and placing them gently on the floor. He also knows how to clean up his toys when directed to. Crazy, I know!

And a little story related to cleaning up: Yesterday I was washing dishes and Christopher was playing in a cabinet by the sink that has plastic water bottles in it. He proceeded to empty it out and I thought "Oh boy that is going to be a big mess to clean up." Well, I forgot about it for a while and when I went back to pick up the bottles, they were all placed back in the cabinet and the cabinet was closed. I know Kasey didn't do it! Incredible! Anyway, my good friend Lauren from high school is coming to visit us tonight and for the next few days. Chris, Brian and I are looking forward to it and I know Snuggles will be happy to have another warm body to snuggle with.

No comments: