Friday, November 13, 2009

Extra! Extra!

Hey guys! Guess what! The Yankees won the World Series! That's right, they are the champs. They defeated the... what? What do you mean that happened last week? What do you mean "it's old news"? Man, I'm tellin' you, things sure do move slow out here in Kansas. I mean we only got electricity a few days ago. How was I supposed to watch the game on a, what do you call it, "television"? Good thing Grammy sent word via that pony express thing. I can't stop reading that special section from the Bergen Record about how my favorite baseball team finally won a World Series title. What took them so long? Don't they know I've been waiting my whole life for this? Fifteen months is a long time to make a little man wait for the highlight of his life. I am decked out today in my team apparel, and I plan to represent out here in the heartland. Maddie's coming over later to play with me; do you think she'll be impressed with my stylin' new sweatshirt?

No comments: