Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Simple Things

Today was one of those perfectly beautiful early spring days here in Lenexa, aside from the 25 mile per hour wind of course. From the moment I woke up, every window in the house was open and the ceiling fans were turned on. It felt so good to air out our abode and all those winter germs were kindly asked to leave. Our morning brought us Maddie and her mama, Randa and the two seven month-olds had a blast playing together. Looks like Kasey has yet another admirer as well. Maddie was fascinated with our pup and Kasey was pretty interested in her too. She seemed to be thinking, "Why are there two of these things here?" Anyway, Jaime and Olivia briefly stopped by to visit and so it turned into a cute baby party. After CJ's afternoon nap, we spent the rest of the day outside in the fresh air. I brought some toys out to play with and after a minute or so I was wondering why because all Christopher wanted to do was pull the grass (although he was not eating it this time!). He found it quite amusing when the crazy wind would rustle the grass and he was curious about our shadows too. After having a one sided conversation with Kasey, CJ was ready to explore the leafless trees that will one day (in the very distant future) bring us shade. He was grabbing the branches and trying very hard to eat the buds. Later we spent the early evening in the front yard and I brought out a bowl full of water which Christopher proceeded to splash all over the lawn and his pants. It was a lovely afternoon and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously... In other news, I noticed Christopher's fifth tooth yesterday on the bottom left, next to the two lower middle teeth. This kid is a teething machine! He is also moving a ton--not crawling but pivoting on his bottom. Regardless, it gets him where he needs to go. He also is showing the early stages of clapping when we do "Open Shut Them." He keeps his left hand in a fist and hits it with his right hand. Fun stuff!

P.S.--First person to comment on the blog today wins the grand prize... C'mon, I know you're curious. Who's it going to be?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! I can't believe all the things CJ's doing. I guess I don't check in enough but when I do I am always so surprised! I definitely need to get out there and see the kids more than I do. Anyway, just a hint, if you want people to comment, stop writing for a few days. Then just wait till you hear those comments!