Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just like old times...

Well, little man's fever has broken and he seemed to be in a much better mood after his nap today, but he is still coughing up a storm and has a nose that just will not stop running. Poor guy! Speaking of his nap, in the afternoon I put him down to sleep in his car seat. After my last entry (right after it) he woke up coughing and fussing. After two more attempts to get him back to sleep, I picked Chris up, plopped him down on my chest and let him sleep on me. I can't remember the last time I did this and little man isn't so little anymore! It was really nice though. In our haste to follow all the parenting "rules" of not letting your child fall asleep on you, I forgot how wonderful it is to watch you little guy sleeping within five inches of your face. He just snuggled up right on top of me as I relaxed in the rocker. There is definitely something to sleeping on Mommy because he was out for over two hours and I literally felt his fever break as he was resting. The whole thing was great. We'll see how tonight goes (bedtime took a very long time this evening)...

No comments: