Saturday, March 28, 2009

"I'm a hyper-hypo!"

In case you don't remember, or are not familiar, with the reference above, it has to do with an "old" Saturday Night Live skit with Mike Myers and Nicole Kidman from the early '90s. Myers and Kidman play little kids on a playground and Myers' character would these days be classified as ADHD. Anyway, Kidman asks him why he wears a helmet and why his mom makes him wear a leash. She also offers him chocolate but he has to turn her down. When she questions him on why he wears a helmet and a harness, he says, "I'm hypoglycemic and hyperactive. I'm a hyper-hypo!" Myers ends up taking the chocolate anyway and then goes crazy, laughing and jumping all over the place only to be restrained by the leash and harness his mother attached to him. You might be wondering what this has to do with Christopher. Well, when Myers is acting all crazy and jumping around, he reminds us of Christopher when he is crawling across the room. I think our little man is so excited to be moving that he just wants to laugh and laugh as he's making his way from one area of the house to another. This morning he was all over the place! It's amazing to see. Grandpa Woglom will also be proud of this next fact--CJ enjoys wrestling Mommy to the floor. That's right, he crawls over to me and litereally jumps on my stomach, pinning me to the mat. And he's laughing the whole time he does it. I think it's pretty funny too. Kasey did not find it as funny when he attempted to pin her, however... Since we are getting blasted by a winter storm (no snow yet!) we had a little fashion show this morning in an adorable outfit given to Chris by Grandma. Here are some pics. Look closely because you can really see his teeth in one of the pictures:


In other news, I've been trying to get in touch with my creative side recently. Usually, when I go to the craft store, Michael's, I get agita. Seriously. I used to love being creative in my classroom but for some reason all those artificial flowers and scrapbooks really freak me out. The other day I was in the store for an Easter Basket and I took a look at the woodworking section. I enjoyed woodworking in middle school and my mom has a lovely clock to show for it (it's no "B" Lamp but it's nice just the same). I decided to pick up some paints, letters and an oar to go along with the sailing theme in CJ's room, and created the decoration seen below. I'm definitely better at painting and working with this medium rather than needles and thread...
Hopefully Christopher will appreciate this work of "art" at some point in his life... Brian was supposed to do a half marathon this morning but they postponed it until next week due to the weather. When I let Kasey out this morning and felt the temperature and 30 mile per hour winds I told him that if I was supposed to run this race and they didn't cancel it, I would have canceled it for myself. Yes, I am a wuss. But it is just, for lack of a better term, poopy out today. We are going to just run errands later but I think some hot soup from Panera, curling up on the couch with a warm puppy and watching basketball is what is called for later. We will leave you with a smile...

No comments: