Monday, January 26, 2009

Yay Sweet Potatoes!

We have officially moved onto our second solid food with Christopher. I have been told by many experienced mothers that sweet potatoes are a good vegetable to start with so I decided to give it a try. In my efforts to really play up the wonderful quality of vegetables (and to make sure the potatoes were not too hot), I took the first bite of this wonderfully prepared baby food. I then made a huge deal out of how fabulous the sweet potatoes were, comparing them to a steak at Peter Luger's. Once Christopher heard this, he was ready to chow down... and he loved what he tasted! In fact, when we were done with the bowl, he got fussy and reached for the spoon, demanding more grub. Now, this food was out of the jar but now that I know our little man likes sweet potatoes, I might make them the first puree to be concocted in our new baby food maker. We'll see if Mommy can cook like Beechnut... By the way, Kasey has begun to lurk under Christopher's high chair when he is eating. I think she remembers from her experience with Tristan that someday, goodies might drop from above!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Yummy! I'm coming over for dinner! FYI, the girls loved butternut squash as well as avocado.