Friday, January 16, 2009

Mommy Runs on Dunkin'

It's Friday afternoon. We've hardly been anywhere all week because of Christopher being sick. We're stuck in the house because it's FREEZING. I'm beginning to lose my mind. So what is a mother to do when all of these factors cross paths and little CJ won't nap on top of it? That's right! You pack up the crew (read: Kasey and baby Chris) and drive 20 miles to Lawrence, home of the only Dunkin' Donuts within 400 miles of our humble abode, to get a piping hot cup o' joe. (I know, it's sad that there's only one D and D out here-- hence the picture of the cup. I used to pass about 12 stores on the way to work when we lived in Jersey!). As my mom will tell you (since she spoke to me on the phone before I made this executive decision), I was, let's just say, out of sorts what with my screaming, non-napping child. After ingesting this fabulous liquid of the gods, I drove back to Lenexa contemplating the goodness of life and how much I love my little guy. It's amazing what a little Dunkin' can do for your otherwise bland Friday afternoon... In other news, I want to jump on the bandwagon and say how cool we think that U.S. Airways pilot is that landed the plane in the Hudson River and saved all those people. Of course, we always knew the capabilities of pilots (right Omohundro family?) but this just confirmed it for everyone. Well done!

No comments: