Thursday, April 8, 2010

Walker time

"I'm goin' down to the library, pickin' out a book, check it in check it out..." (I'm pretty sure Grammy and the Duren-Lubanski clan might be the only people singing this first sentence. Sorry!) If you didn't know it already, CJ spends lots of time around books. I suppose this is what happens when one's mother is a teacher. Anyway, we went to a new library a couple days ago and checked out 5 fantastic books that Chris has had us read over and over and over and, well, you get the idea. And today, we went to our local library for "Walker Time" which is a story time for 12 to 24 month olds where it is expected that they will get up and wander. Christopher loved it! The woman running it was great so I'm sure that helped. She varied the time with stories and songs and Chris even got up and did "If You're Happy and You Know It." He actually only wandered once the whole time we were there! You have no idea the thrill I get out of the fact that my kid loves listening to stories. It is the best!

No comments: