Friday, June 5, 2009

Yay Garage Sales!

You all know I am not much of a shopper. I especially don't like going out of my way to buy more "stuff." So when our very own neighborhood has a garage sale, I like the idea of close and am excited about the idea of cheap kids things but I still need a lot of pushing with the idea of shop. The nice weather was definitely helpful and the chance to socialize with our neighbors was also nice so Christopher and I set out yesterday and today in search of toys and clothes. We didn't have much luck in the clothes department as it seems that only the parents of girls are getting rid of clothes these days. However, we did see some toys and books for a dollar and picked them up. As you can see in the picture above, Christopher has been enjoying his new busy box that we got from a home around the corner from us. Due to the high volume of girls clothes, we called Jaime yesterday and she and Olivia are going to come over this afternoon to check everything out... In other news, I am excited to announce (and Brian is going to make fun of me for putting this in the blog) that we just purchased tickets to see Dave Matthews at the Sprint Center in September. The last concert I went to (and the only one Brian and I have been to together) was Dave Matthews at the Garden in 2002. We felt old then, how are we going to feel this time? No matter, Dave definitely covers the 30-something generation so I'm not sure why 19 year-olds are going crazy. They were like 4 years old when his first hit came out. (Can you tell I'm already excited for a "parents night out" even though it's 3 months away?). Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Liz said...

DMB rocks for all ages. Age is only a number. If you watched the CBS Sunday Morning interview, the concerts they showed, looked like 30-40ish hippies dancing around like they were at a Dead show. Which never gets old either. Rock one Mom and Dad!! DMB is on all weekend on Sirius/Xm channel 17. I sound like a commercial. LOL