Friday, June 12, 2009

Meeting Chrissie

Wow, what can I say. No, I didn't meet Chrissie Chen Pariso. This evening I had the opportunity to meet Ironman World Champion Chrissie Wellington, who is in town to do the Kansas 70.3 (half ironman) this Sunday. Aside from being an incredibly talented athlete and nice person, Chrissie is also a spokesperson for GOTRIbal and is so enthusiastic about promoting the sport of triathlon among women. Maria (the woman on the left) is also in GOTRIbal and I just met her for the first time this evening as well. She and her husband are racing on Sunday and we had a great conversation. When Chrissie saw my shirt, she gave me a big hug (which I did not expect!) and we all talked for a while about the group and the upcoming race. I don't know if it is my age or shift in priorities (or just her warm personality) but I felt like I was talking to one of my friends as we spoke. It was way cool! I could go on and on, but since this blog is typically about Christopher I will stop right now. It was just very inspiring for this mama to meet an athlete of her caliber. I want to lace up my shoes right now!

No comments: