Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shelter Island

Okay, everyone, I've made you wait long enough. You know, with my busy schedule, filled with walking, playing, eating and such, it is hard to find the time to sit down and write on the blog. I wanted to put this entry together myself because I just had a fabulous trip to Shelter Island and wanted to make sure the facts of the trip were straight (Mommy can be a bit mixed up sometimes). So to start, I took my very first ferry ride and it was soooooo cool! Here I am with Mommy and Daddy on the North Ferry:
As you can see, it was a bit chilly when we got there. Although I prefer wearing no pants, I thoroughly enjoyed staying in my warm PJ's all day. The day after we arrived, Grandma came out to the island and took us to Sunset Beach. Now, in case you don't know, Sunset Beach is where all the hip people hang out so obviously, I had to go. My favorite part was not the overpriced cocktails. No, the best was sticking my feet in the freezing cold water!


(Notice how Mommy and Daddy are trying to be hip like me with their supercool shades). On Friday, I donned my preppiest shirt and we went to the Shelter Island Yacht Club for lunch and then we were sea bound on the Fat Frog! I loved my first boat ride!!! Mommy kept trying to turn me in to face everyone in the boat, but I showed her. I fussed until she turned me back toward the water. Notice how safe my parents and grandparents kept me by putting me in my very own life preserver.


Upon our return to the house, I immediately set to exploring the kitchen. This is by far my favorite room in any house I go to and when something opens, I must be there. This is true for dishwashers, cabinets, refrigerators and ovens.
Grandma and Grandpa brought all sorts of fun toys out to the island for me to play with. Good thing I have patience, though. Uncle Peter wanted to play with everything!
On Saturday evening, the thirty-somethings in the Woglom clan ran and walked the Shelter Island 10K. I made sure Mommy and Daddy were well prepared by waking them up that morning at 4AM. How was I supposed to know the race wasn't until 5:30 in the evening? No one tells me these things! Anyway, Uncle Peter won the little family competition and everyone had fun. After the race, Uncle Peter and Aunt Dabney got a fun metal barrel filled with "milk with a kick" for the Dads in the family. I still don't understand why they didn't give me any.


I really had a blast out on Shelter Island with my family. You know, my nursery has sailboats all over it as well as a garbage can with a map of SI on it. It's about time I got to go for real! Next time, I expect a spin at the helm of the Fat Frog.

No comments: