Monday, May 11, 2009

The Opposite of Yesterday

If Mother's Day is supposed to be the day when you feel so wonderful about being a mom, today had to be the opposite of that. And it wasn't all Christopher being fussy either. That certainly had something to do with it, but mostly it was dealing with other crazy people (namely the nurse at Christopher's doctor's office) that made me want to scream more than once today. Aside from that, here are some things that made me want to run away today...
...green beans being spit on my arm,
...screaming and crying as I tried to take a shower,
...mamamamamamamamama,
...45 minute naps,
...people being late,
...Kasey barking and waking CJ up because of people being late,
...nurses questioning my parenting abilities.
Luckily, I actually got to run away (at least for 23 minutes--to be exact) on my brand new Argon 18 Mercury triathlon bike that I picked up this afternoon. Daddy took care of the bedtime routine tonight as I got to take my new speed demon out on the open roads. It's a beautiful night here in Kansas and it felt so good to get out there and go fast! Well, I'm not sure how fast I was going but at least I look fast now. Here is the new ride...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.