Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blogs of months past

While Christopher is napping, I was just going back to the very early days of this blog (when we were still calling our son, "the baby") and reliving those early days minus the 3 hours per night of sleep. It's amazing because when I read those entries, I can picture what was happening so vividly, from the night I went into labor to the night we used the hairdryer, the swing, and the white noise machine altogether. I can't believe how much our little man has grown and changed over the months. I suppose I am just getting reminiscent as we are approaching his first birthday... We had two very cute moments this afternoon. A few weeks back I made a book that has pictures of Christopher's friends and family and labeled the pics with the respective person's name. Before our trip home last week, Chris was partial to the pictures of Olivia and Maddie, his two dear friends here in Kansas. When we were looking at the pictures today, he stopped at Grammy's picture as well as Grandma and Grandpa Woglom's pictures, studying them very closely. Then we turned to Aunt Dabney and Uncle Peter's page and he shouted out and smiled! It was like he was saying "Hey! I know you two!" The second thing that was so cute: When CJ has a pacifier in and sees another one, he goes through this whole pacifier exchange where he keeps switching the one he has in his mouth. Today I was lying on the floor next to him and he had one in his mouth and another was right in front of me. He picked the second one up, looked at me and went to put it in my mouth. I surprised him by taking it and he started cracking up. Then he pulled it out and kept putting it back in and laughing. It was so funny! Lesson: I am so grateful to be able to spend all this time with my little man!

No comments: