Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last Kindermusik Class... for Now

It used to be easy to determine who, in our house, was the culprit when papers were chewed or furniture was gnawed on. Now, however, we must use process of elimination. Let's see, who is able to jump up on the table? Who was in the house when said object was chewed? Where did the chewing take place? Of course, if there was an actual witness, the answer is usually obvious. The picture above is of Christopher's certificate that he got today at his last Kindermusik class for the spring session. (We will begin the summer session on June 15th... I can't wait! Oh, and neither can CJ). At first I just showed it to him and then put it behind my back so what you see above would not happen. Then, as he started to try and take other kids' certificates, I decided "Who cares what happens to this silly piece of paper!" He was so excited to receive this acknowledgement from Miss Heather that he chewed the paper and drooled on it for good measure. And speaking of chewing...
Christopher, not to be outdone by Kasey, is beginning to leave his mark on the wooden furniture of our house. Above you will notice that he is sinking his teeth into the end tables in our living room. The coffee table is fair game as well and has some lovely bite marks on the sides. The crib takes the cake, however. If I were able to go back to my "pregnant and looking for baby furniture" self, I would tell her to get a safe, white crib that doesn't cost as much as the one that is now in CJ's nursery with bite marks all along the sides of it. I knew this was going to happen to the straight railing (apparently they make things to put over the railing to prevent the wood from being damaged) but I am pretty sure there is nothing to go on the curvy side rails. Good thing this will not be part of the bed when we convert it at a later date! I'll have to take a picture when Chris is not sleeping so you can all witness the damage. Kasey, on the other hand, decided to galavant on (that's right, I said "on") the kitchen table while we were out and finish Christopher's oatmeal, which I forgot to clean up. At least she didn't want us to waste food! She then chewed up the oatmeal tub (you know, the Quaker Oats container?) that we had emptied and were using as a drum. Ah, the fun continues!

No comments: