Monday, May 4, 2009

Fungus!

This face says it all... "Mommy gave me mushrooms!" There is a saying in the Woglom family that I think it's time you all knew about. Some call it the eleventh commandment, but it hasn't been etched in stone tablets yet. "Thou shalt not eat mushrooms." You see, mushrooms are a fungus and, well, you just should not eat such things. I hope the Woglom side of Christopher's family will forgive me as I state the Turick slogan regarding eating-- "Thou shalt eat anything." While Daddy was away in New York this weekend, I felt it was the opportune time to give Christopher mushrooms to eat. Now, I am not entirely to blame, as the recipe came out of the cookbook that was given to us by Aunt Dabney and Uncle Peter for Christmas. The recipe calls for mixing crimini mushrooms with pearled barley and adding chicken stock and thyme leaves for flavor. I have to be honest, Christopher enjoyed the mushrooms very much. I'm not sure if he enjoyed them because he could actually pick them up with his fingers himself or because he thought they tasted good, but he ate them all the same. And yes, he was still alive the next day. And no, he did not have severe gastric distress. I am just trying to broaden his food horizons before he notices!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Good for CJ, mushrooms are the best!! GO FUNGUS! They go in everything including turkey loaf. My theory on food...Try everything once, then see if you would like to eat it again. I actually tricked a friend with squash...Ha she said she never eats the stuff. Well guess what? Joke was on her, she ate it and liked it.

Sheryl said...

Or was just being polite

Liz said...

No really she liked it! She and many others as well and I actually have a gold medal to prove it.