Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh c'mon already!


I try not to use this blog as a sounding board for my opinions too much but this one really got to me. In a way, it has to do with Christopher, as in he will NEVER get this as a toy to play with. We were walking through the neighborhood the other day where I used to teach, and in one of the driveways we passed was a miniature Escalade complete with fake speakers and chrome rims. You MUST be kidding me. I'll say it again, you MUST be kidding me. It's not fun or funny and please do not think about getting something like this for Christopher. It will be returned immediately. Why is this necessary? What every happened to Big Wheels with which children actually have to pedal... with their legs... and the muscles in their legs? What are we telling children by getting this type of "toy" for them? Ugh! Sorry, CJ, not in your wildest dreams.

2 comments:

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

What the!??!?!?!? I can not wait to work with the kid that gets this when he/she is in their twentys. LOL