Saturday, April 25, 2009

All over the place

With the exception of the last post, you may be wondering why I do not update the blog on a daily basis and/or why there are not as many pictures as there used to be. To answer the first question, it is becoming quite beautiful here in Kansas and the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer at 2 o'clock in the afternoon when it is 75 degrees and sunny out (that, it is not today--hence I am in front of the computer at, well, 2:42). In response to the second question, it is hard to get little Christopher to sit still for a picture. Although he continues to have many "ham" qualities and will pose for a picture when given the opportunity, he usually notices something across the room and goes for it before I can snap away. Recently I've had many shots (that did not make it to the blog) where I catch him as he's half way out of the frame because he saw something more interesting than Mommy's camera. Also, I often have to stay within reach if he is in a potentially dangerous situation to prevent serious injury... The other day, Christopher had just woken up from his nap, the rain had cleared and he finished his bottle. We were sitting in front of the window (well, he was standing) in his room and it was open, allowing fresh air to just pour in. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, Kasey was sitting with us... CJ looks over at me, gives me a heart-warming smile, looks back at the window (all is well with life), and then BOOM, he falls and smacks his head into the window ledge causing a slight cut/bruise and many tears. Later on that day, he pulled something off the coffee table (that I should NOT have had there) and it gave him a little cut right under his eye. With this second injury, I nearly had a heart attack, but he was fine within a couple minutes and major snuggling with Mommy. I will do my utmost to bring you the highest level of quality in the picture department, but forgive me if they are not as numerous as before!

No comments: