Monday, April 6, 2009

Book worm

Some women have a weakness for shoes. For others, the achilles is clothes. For me, it is children's books. I have a hard time walking into Borders and walking out empty handed. Today, Christopher had a babysitter for a few hours while I got out to run some errands. While I was out I decided to stop and relax at Borders for a while. I got something to drink, grabbed a magazine and hung out at the cafe for a while. When I was done, I saw the door to the outside world but some strange force was pulling me to the back of the store. Peaking my curiousity, I followed the force and found myself in the children's book section. As I browsed through the books, I kept thinking to myself, "Self, you have hundreds of children's books at home from teaching. You really shouldn't get any more." Somehow I walked out with three new board books for my little man with no regrets.

No comments: