Monday, August 31, 2009

My kind of town, Chicago is

To begin with, Christopher and I survived our first solo trip back east last week. He really is a great traveler, as long as he can look out the window. We got to see Grandma and Grandpa Woglom and then got to visit Grammy over in New Jersey. The first day we were there, Christopher stayed over in Westchester while I went over to help Grammy find a temporary place to live. We checked out the house, which was pretty damaged by this 80 foot tall, 20 ton tree that fell on it last week. We are all just so grateful Grammy was not in the house when it happened. Anyway, the next day, CJ visited the Hillsdale Public Library, where Grammy works, and made himself right at home running through the stacks of books and climbing the stairs. Sheryl, Ally, and Julia, as well as Lauren, met us for lunch at Friendly's later on that day. The next day, we stayed in Westchester where little buds watched Grandma Woglom play tennis and then spent the latter part of the day playing in the pool and on the swings at the Manursing Island Club. Our plane ride home took place rather late in the evening and after about an hour, Christopher fell asleep in my arms until we landed back in KC.

The next morning, I got to go right back to the airport to fly to Chicago. I've had plans to meet Liz in Chi town for a couple months for a "girls' weekend." We had a fantastic time checking out the city, eating deep dish pizza, going to museums, and visiting Chrissie. We also saw a Second City comedy show which was great! The only downer on the trip was that I got food poisoning from some sushi I had on Saturday evening which did not make for a very pleasant plane ride home to Kansas. I'm still recovering today but things seem to be feeling a bit better... Brian did an awesome job taking care of Christopher while I was gone!

No comments: