Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Moonwalk

A funny thing Christopher started doing today is walking backwards. It is so cute! He is really deliberate about it and it looks like he is concentrating so hard. What happens is this: Chris will be walking around (running really) and then he'll stop, focus on one spot, and take two or three steps back. We were watching him do it this evening and joking that his next step will be the moonwalk a la Michael Jackson (did I just write MJ's name in my child's blog? really?)... Anyway, this morning I did the Sunflowers to Roses bike ride to raise money for Livestrong and let me tell you, it almost didn't happen for me. We had thunderstorms that lasted all night and throughout the morning. I was really looking forward to the ride so I went over to the starting point and waited with the other cyclists for the weather to clear up. As I listened to the announcer, I realized that thunder, lightning and torential rainfall does not stop cyclists. Thank goodness for the pre-ride champaigne toast! The first 10 miles of the ride were in said monsoon until it finally cleared up. Long story short, it was a fun event and riding 35 miles was not quite as exhausting as I thought it would be. Riding for a good cause creates a great atmosphere and I would like to thank everyone who donated to such a worthy cause!

No comments: