Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Curious George

Now that Mr. Christopher can walk, excuse me, almost run/motor/fly, he is into everything! And I mean everything. When he first started crawling, people would say to me "Well I guess you have to really close everything up and keep things out of reach now, huh?" While I thought that would be necessary, it really wasn't that bad. I had to make sure he didn't fall down the stairs but aside from that, he stuck to some usual places. Now, however, it is as if the world has opened up for him and he discovers a new haunt nearly every day--no, every waking moment. For example, Chris has taken it upon himself to rearrange our cabinets and he also enjoys placing objects in new locations. You know, the blocks don't really need to be in one specific location. There should be some in each room. (Geez, Mom, why are you trying to be so organized?) Also, CJ has continued his scientific experiments (see "Drop it like it's hot" post) and now likes to place objects IN, well, anything. Yesterday, he wanted to see what would happen when he placed his pacifier in Kasey's food dish 18 times in a row. The other day (and Grammy told us this would happen), I was in the living room and saw him go into the bathroom with a puzzle piece. Next thing I know, I hear "plop" and, no he is not so advanced that he's potty trained; the puzzle piece somehow found its way into the toilet. Mmmm... lovely. The cool thing about his exploration happens when we go outside. I'm a big one for being out in nature and it seems to be rubbing off on our little man. Yesterday he was totally looking at these five different colored leaves I put in front of him in our yard. He was just examining them for 20 minutes straight. It was so cool! I can't wait to see what he thinks to check out next.

No comments: