Saturday, January 29, 2011

On the ice!

We did one of the most exciting things that we have ever done with Christopher this evening. We took him ice skating for the first time! As many of you know, I grew up playing hockey so you can imagine my delight at seeing CJ in skates and on the ice. He was so thrilled to put on his rental skates (and very disappointed that we had to return them at the end) and get going. Of course, "going" for him was having Mommy hold him under his arms while he shuffled his feet back and forth. I remember MaryAnn telling me the first time we take him skating, my back was going to hurt like crazy. Yes, she was more than correct! We went around the small rink about 4 times and I had to stop a couple times each loop because bending over while holding a 37 pound wiggling child is not easy. Anyway, we had a great time and CJ's biggest thrill was seeing the zamboni ("I want to see the pony, Mommy." "No, Chris, it's a zamboni."). Here are a couple more pics:
And after the skating, we went to Ingredient for dinner. Watch Christopher enjoy his pizza and comment on his evening!

No comments: